REMOTE LEARNER CHANGES UPDATED JANUARY 14, 2021
The following changes are being made to the Remote Learning plan to provide a more structured and consistent learning environment for parents and students that may have safety concerns related to COVID-19.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY SINCE REMOTE LEARNING IS A SEMESTER-LONG COMMITMENT AND CANNOT BE CHANGED EXCEPT FOR STUDENTS NOT MAINTAINING ADEQUATE PROGRESS.
LINKS TO REMOTE LEARNER REQUIREMENTS FOLLOW THE VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW:
- Reliable, daily Internet access is essential to Remote Instruction.
- Remote learning is SELF-PACED meaning there is NO LIVE INSTRUCTION FOR REMOTE STUDENTS.
- Remote learning will require enhanced assistance from parents/guardians at home.
- All remote learners should have strong reading and computer navigation skills.
- Remote students will not have access to in-person small group, individualized instruction.
- Faculty and staff throughout the District will be assigned to students for communication & support.
- Certain courses may require occasional in-person meetings, instruction, or assessments.
- All electives available on-campus in grades 7-12 may not be afforded to remote learners.
- Students must maintain progress/completion of assignments every week and will be evaluated every 4.5 weeks.
- Students not completing assignments or performing poorly may be required to return to the traditional classroom.
- The primary form of communication will be the student email address assigned by the District (All students grades K-12 are assigned a school email address with the format of FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME@CCSS.EMAIL.
- Additional Assignments in addition to Edmentum curriculum (i.e. research papers, projects, etc.)may be required.
- Students who do not have access to an electronic learning device may be assigned one from their school of enrollment and completing a student/parent device agreement.
REMOTE LEARNING REQUIREMENTS
The deadline for Requirement #1 has passed.
- Students requesting Remote are REQUIRED to COMPLETE THE COMMITMENT BY JANUARY 18TH
- Parents completing the Remote Commitment since January 6th, SHOULD NOT COMPLETE ANOTHER.
- Students without a Remote Commitment ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE LEARNING
The deadline for Requirement #2 has passed.
- This course must be COMPLETED BY JANUARY 18TH.
- Click the link above and choose the EDMENTUM program.
- Under MY COURSES, choose EDMENTUM STUDENT ORIENTATION/2021 REMOTE STUDENTS
- Complete the module by January 18th.
- Students without BOTH OF THE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE LEARNING
Students that complete BOTH of the Requirements above will be added to Remote Learning and assigned to a Teacher Liaison who will communicate with students beginning January 19th.
Parents already completing the Remote Commitment SHOULD TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION & DO NOT COMPLETE THE EDMENTUM STUDENT ORIENTATION.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
All concerns should be directed to Remote Learning Administrator, Vickie Osborn- email@example.com or Remote Learning Guidance Counselor, Gale Satchel- firstname.lastname@example.org